Sunday, January 6, 2008

Having fun with Daddy

We have been working really hard with Dantzel and her potty training skills. We have gone from sticker charts to her picking her own treats out at the store to not being able to let her ride her new bike that she got from Santa. We even tried doing all the rewards at the same time. What a long process for her mom and dad!

So far, the best thing that has worked is suckers. I wish I would have figured this out a long time ago. Ever since we have discovered the suckers as being such a big motivator potty training has been a whole heck of a lot easier. I even think she is enjoying it. As you can see in these pictures, daddy has really been enjoying all the suckers as well. James has now discovered the suckers and so he likes to think he gets one too. I finally gave in and gave him his own last night. I think it made everyone a lot happier because they didn't have to share with him. I am such a sucker! hee hee.




In a previous post, I have the funniest picture of Dantzel and her goggles. Well, since then she thinks she needs her goggles to see EVERYTHING. It is really funny. I was telling Brandon that I didn't think we could ever get a decent picture of her with her goggles on. As you can see in the top picture it turned out pretty good. The second picture can make you laugh for quite a while. Our little Dantzel is so funny sometime!









This is Brandon and Dantzel finally at the pool. The only problem is, the goggles are not on. Oh we took them to the pool but, they only stayed on for about 2 minutes. She liked to swim better without them on. That's my little girl.
It was really fun to watch them swim. Usually I am the first one in the pool but, this time I decided to stay out with James. Brandon attempted to teach Dantzel swimming lessons. I would tell him what to do and then he would try really hard to teach her. It was really fun watching him try to teach her how to swim. I was trying to explain to him that it is really hard to teach your own kid. It doesn't help that he is a big kid himself. One day she will learn how to swim! :)

3 comments:

Dallas said...

You are such a good blogger. You have some of the best pages. Dantzel is a hoot. Those goggles crack me up. She is growing up so fast. That is so funny that she didn't wear the goggles in the pool. Silly Girl!

LPark said...

I love that James is sharing with Daddy, what a sweetheart! You really have some of the cutest pictures of the kids. It is so fun to see what you are doing all the time. Dantzel is such a little waterbug with or without the goggles. But she is so funny in those pictures. When they say a picture is worth a thousand words, they must have been talking about your pictures. Keep up the good work! Love you all !

Allie said...

I will have to try the suckers! Potty training seems to be taking way too long. But what did I expect? Good luck